Sweet Potato Hash
This recipe is the perfect addition to your breakfast rotation. It’s quick, easy, delicious, and nutritious!
Time: 10-12 minutes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped small
- 1-2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- Kite Hill Ricotta cheese*
- cumin powder
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into small cubes. The smaller, the quicker they will cook.
- Heat coconut oil in large pan on medium heat.
- Add sweet potatoes, stir, and cover.
- While cooking, rinse and chop spinach. I like to take the stems off of my spinach.
- After 5 minutes check on potatoes to see how tender they are. Sprinkle desired about of spices on top and toss.
- When sweet potatoes are just about done, add in spinach. Stir and cover.
- Once potatoes are tender and spinach is wilted, remove from heat.
- Top with scallions, ricotta, and avocado.
- Serve and Enjoy!
*Note: If you don’t have any Kite Hill ricotta, use your favorite sauce to add a bit extra flavor. Perhaps a hot sauce or ketchup (check ingredients and make sure it doesn’t have High Fructose Corn Syrup or added sugar!).
- Half white potatoes and half sweet potatoes
- Crumbled extra firm organic tofu
- Black beans, chickpeas, or onions