Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite foods. I could eat them everyday, which I basically do. This recipe is extremely simple and is perfect for lunch or serving at dinner. Enjoy!
Chickpea Sweet Potato Salad
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 small purple sweet potato, peeled and diced (sub another small regular sweet potato if you don’t have a purple one)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- handful of parsley or cilantro
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup walnut, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toss sweet potatoes in coconut oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Spread out in one layer on baking dish and roast for 40 mins. Stir halfway though.
- While that is cooking, combine seasoning and liquids together in large bowl and set aside.
- When sweet potatoes are ready, stir in chickpeas, seasoning, and walnuts.
- Add garnish and serve. Option to return dish to oven for 5-10 mins to warm the chickpeas. Add garnish after the additional oven time.