Who likes simple and easy recipes? Of course you do! What’s not to like!? I also love recipes for food that are difficult to find store bought “healthy” versions. Jams and jellies definitely are one of those. Most of them contain quite a bit added of refined sugar. Not this one! It only calls for a little bit of coconut sugar which is low on the glycemic index and filled with vitamins and minerals. I use it for most of my baking!
Make this recipe regularly so you and you’re family will have fresh preserve in the fridge! Or do like me and make a big batch to give as little gifts! Anyone would be delighted to receive some fresh homemade jam!
Time: 25 minutes
Makes roughly 16 ounces
- 2 cups dried Mission figs
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Remove any stems from the figs and then chop them into quarters or smaller.
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized saucepan and turn to medium/high heat. Bring to boil and down to low/simmer.
- Cook for roughly 15-20 minutes to reduce liquid and thicken some.
- Transfer to high powered blender or food processor. Blend until desired consistency.
- Wait a few minutes to cool before transferring to your favorite glass jar(s). Store in fridge.