Traveling to new cities is so much fun! Not just because of the sights, but because of the culinary inspiration!
I recently returned from a trip down to Florida with a whole list of recipes to try to make, this pesto included. The inspiration came about from one of the many vegan restaurants we tried, one which served a delicious sauce consisting simply of pistachios and nut milk. Never before had I thought to add pistachios to sauces! When I came home I created my own version, adding in some beloved kale to create a nutrition packed pesto that’s delicious and can be used atop virtually anything!
Pistachios are much more than just an easy snack item. They’re packed with healthy fats, fiber, protein, antioxidants, and rich in a plethora of vitamins and minerals, including B6, thiamine, copper, potassium, magnesium, iron, and zinc.
- Great for Heart Health
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Blood Sugar Control
- Weight Loss
- Gut Health
- Eye Health
This simple vegan and gluten-free pistachio kale pesto calls for just a few ingredients and can be made in minutes!
Pistachio Kale Pesto Pasta
Time: 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup pistachios, raw and unsalted
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk, unsweetened
- 2 kale stalks (leaves removed), about 1/2 cup when pressed down
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 cups gluten free pasta of choice
- lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to pasta instructions.
- While that is cooking combine pistachios, milk, salt, and kale leaves in a high powered blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour over cooked pasta and mix until coated well. Squeeze lemon juice on top and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
Note: Put pesto pasta in pot back on the eye of stove for a few minutes to thicken if needed.